Over the past few years I have gained a vast amount of knowledge of the lingerie industry through design and retail roles.
Design Assistant - Marks & Spencer T81 Account - Courtaulds UK - London, W1 September 2012 - September 2013
Gained experience working in the T81 Limited Collection design team at a major supplier to M&S Intimates.
- Identified trends relevant to the brand and created moodboards for presentation to M&S.
- Generated design ideas consistent with the Limited Collection brand.
- Attended key meetings with M&S buying and design teams throughout critical path.
- Created garment CADs to communicate design concepts, and technical CADs to communicate construction methods to factory.
- Worked with fabric suppliers to source and develop fabrics within price margins.
- Created design sheets.
- Completed in-house dyeing of fabrics and components for sample garments.
- Liaised with the factory to ensure high standard sample garments achieved within tight time frames.
- In addition to working on the T81 account, I designed a range of tabletop knickers for Victoria’s Secret which were favourably received by buyers, and assisted in the development of a new range for ASOS.
Sales Associate - Marlies Dekkers - Selfridges Concession - London, W1 May 2012 - September 2012
- Gained customer service experience in a busy, luxury environment that requires efficiency and excellent sales skills.
- Required to have excellent product knowledge and understand the brand’s values and relationship with consumer.
- As a result of working on the shop floor developed an understanding of what motivates customers purchases of lingerie.
Studio Assistant - The Lingerie Collective - London, W1 October 2011 - June 2012
- Increased brand awareness, particularly in understanding the signature styles of lingerie labels.
- Hand sewing details on lingerie pieces and preparing garments for presentation in showroom.
Studio Assistant - Lascivious - Walton on Thames, Surrey July 2011 - August 2011
- Responsibility of preparing garments for distribution to high end stores such as Harrods and Selfridges.
- Created technical drawings for garments on Adobe Illustrator.
- Worked on finishing details such as adding swarovski crystals to exclusive garments.